Saturday, April 17, 2010

FORWARD, week 1

Tonight we ended the first week of FORWARD with a prayer vigil from 8a.m. to 8p.m. in the Chapel on the St. Paul’s campus. It was a great ending to a full week.

I’ve been reading through a daily (Monday-Friday) devotional book that will last for these first four weeks. A couple of the days readings (especially Tuesday) spoke to a lot of us in very powerful ways. Evidently, “Gratitude in the face of disappoint” is something a lot of us could relate to.

Tonight I was part of the group praying during the final hour of the vigil. Spending an hour in prayer may seem like a long time, but it went so quickly I ran out of time before I ran out of things to pray about. It was a great way to begin this capital initiative at our church.

Tomorrow we’re entering week 2. The specific goals of FORWARD will be laid out in our six services and then in the evening I’ll spend additional time answering questions for people at the Refinery campus and anyone else who wants to come. I’m honestly looking forward (no pun intended) to the questions because I think they show genuine interest.

I’m convinced God’s up to something huge here; I can’t wait to see what it is.

Godspeed.

No comments: