Sunday, March 27, 2011

Seeing and Savoring Jesus - Wisdom

We find ourselves looking beyond the wisdom of Solomon in Chapter 6.

Jesus is the picture of wisdom. He knows our thoughts. No action is unknown to him. Our future is a mystery to us, but not to Christ. Nothing perplexes him.

But that’s not the most amazing thing about his wisdom. What’s truly astounding is that Jesus knows (and wants to know) my heart. When Jesus and Peter talk in John 21 and Jesus says to him, “Do you love me?” Peter says, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”

Jesus knows everything, he has all wisdom. And the result of that wisdom is that he knows Peters heart.

By his wisdom Jesus knows my heart.

I’m just in awe that Jesus would bother. But that’s my sense of insignificance talking. Jesus doesn’t see it (or me) that way. Because he knows my heart.

I could say a lot about Jesus’ wisdom. Its scope. Its impact. What astounds is that Jesus has chosen to know me. And … well, you also.

~ Godspeed

No comments: