Friday, November 18, 2011

Requiem

[I have written this post a thousand times. And edited its content a thousand and one.]

Last weekend I went to a wake.

For a church.

My heart is aching. And I am angry.

Along with many other emotions I am feeling.

 

What I can say …

It was great to see everyone. [It truly was.]

God reigns. Even when my vision is clouded and I see only evidence to the contrary.

God has a plan in all of this that has yet to be revealed. [He does, most certainly.] All things do work together for good for those who love God and are called according to God’s purpose.

Nothing can change all the wonderful things that God has done at that church over the last 20 years. God’s Word does not return void.

 

 

All of those things are true. And I will cling to them.

Even if those statements do not begin to tell the depth of what I feel …

… or the weight of all that I wish to say.

 

[Godspeed.]

No comments: