Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Detours on the Journey

“I know that God will not give me more than I can bear. I just wish he didn’t think so highly of me.” – Mother Theresa

In the middle of this journey through Lent, the wheels have come off the cart. Without going into a million details, it’s been a really tough couple of weeks personally, professionally and in just about every conceivable way. I’m so glad I’m in a good place right now. This Lent has been helpful – getting my head on straight, you might say. I wonder how I’d be doing right now without having taken that time to center myself.

Don’t get me wrong; I still have lots of questions and the answers seem pretty elusive right now. I believe the answers are there, but I just haven’t worked my way to them yet. Someone asked me earlier this week, “What is God trying to teach you in this?” I honestly don’t know. I know that God doesn’t send the crap our way, but God can (and does) use those times to teach us important lessons. There is a pearl of great price in here somewhere, waiting to be discovered.

Jeremiah (16:21) says, “I will teach them – This time I will teach them. Then they will know that my name is the Lord.” I’m ready to be taught.

No comments: