Monday, August 15, 2011

Better – in Hebrews 11

Following on the heels of verse 13 about aliens and strangers, are these words: People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. Since we are aliens and strangers here, we’re looking for where we do belong – a country of our own. And its "a better country - a heavenly one" (verse 16).

Another phrase (or two) that stick in my mind. Looking for a country of their own. A better country.

It says something to me about citizenship. About priorities. About hopes and longings. We get so tied to here and now. To things and circumstances. I may be an alien, a foreigner and a stranger here, but I have a country of my own. A better country. One I’m looking forward to.

God has something else for us if we will look up!

 

~Godspeed

No comments: