Monday, August 22, 2011

Devoted

I’m intrigued by this verse I “discovered” in Jeremiah the other day.

“Their leader will be one of their own; their ruler will arise from among them. I will bring him near and he will come close to me – for who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?” declares the Lord. – Jeremiah 30:21

What a great question! We are invited to make seeking after God a life-priority. We are welcomed into a relationship that puts into practice a lifestyle of devotion; a hunger to live completely for God.

I’m reminded that I can’t serve two masters. I can’t be devoted to God and to another Lord. God, so worthy of my trust, wants to be not only number 1 – God wants to be my only One!

God’s working this verse into my life. I may have many loves, but I want one devotion.

More from Jeremiah later this week.

~Godspeed.

No comments: